CHERRY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
There are so many flavors in one little muffin- ghee gives this dessert a hint of caramel, hazelnuts taste like nutella, cocoa powder tastes like chocolate and goes fantastic with sweet chopped cherries.There is no need to roast hazelnuts in advance, let the hot oven do the work for you. I don't not like making extra steps in my recipes if the end result can be achieved much easier. So, no roasting the nuts beforehand. You're welcome. 🙂
- 2 eggs organic, pasture-raised
- 2 TBSP ghee
- 2 cups hazelnuts you can substitute with 2.5 cups of hazelnut flour
- 5 TBSP coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice mix with baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup cherries chopped
- 1 cup dates pitted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add pitted dates and hazelnuts to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix blended dates and hazelnuts, eggs, ghee, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda with several lemon juice drops. Mix well.
- Add chopped cherries and combine.
- Bake in greased muffin cups for 30-35 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let cool in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let muffins cool.