Oven roasted smelts
- 1 lb smelts
- 3 TBSP ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 TBSP olive oil extra virgin, organic
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Take the smelts out of the package, rinse under cold running water and pat dry them well using a paper towel or thin cotton/linen kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, mix ghee, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat smelts evenly with ghee mixture.
- Set the cooling sheet on the oven tray to collect any drippings and ensure proper air circulation while cooking the fish, otherwise the bottom of the fish becomes saggy and the coating will not stick.
- Spread the fish in a single even layer in the cooling sheet over the oven tray.
- Roast in the oven until fish is light brown or about 10 min.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.