Stuffed Flounder Fillets with Carrots and Zucchini
- 9 inch baking pan baking sheet
- 1.5 lb flounder fillet wild caught
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked and blended
- 3 cups carrots shredded
- 3 cups zucchini shredded
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 30 minutes ( if you can plan making this recipe ahead, it's better to soak the nuts overnight in room temperature water). When finished, rinse well and drain. Add to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Shred carrots, zucchini on a medium grader, and mix with blended cashews, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Using kitchen towel or paper towel pat dry the fish fillets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Put 1 heaping tablespoons of vegetable mixture on one side of the fillet and roll it gently. Keep going until all the fillets are done. Spread the leftover vegetables on top of the fish.
- Drizzle the rolled fish with oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.