CREAM OF MUSHROOMS SOUP
- 1 TSP ghee
- 1.5 lb fresh mushrooms sliced
- 5 oz dried chanterelles
- 1 large onion halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups reserved liquid from dry chanterelles
- 2 TSP parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Soak dry chanterelles in a hot water for 30 minutes to rehydrate. Drain through a cheesecloth or a nut bag and reserve 2 cups of the soaked mushrooms liquid. Rinse soaked mushrooms well under running water to remove dirt and sand, gently squeeze out extra moisture.
- In a medium pot, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add fresh and rehydrated mushrooms and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Divide into two equal parts and transfer one part into the bowl.
- Add onions and cook until mushrooms and onions are light brown color and tender.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in almond milk and reserved soaked mushrooms liquid and blend with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Add the reserved half of mushrooms, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with chopped parsley.