With three kids I always end up having some kind of leftovers in my fridge and I am in a perpetual battle to give them new life and reuse in the best flavor and nutrient dense way.I had some cilantro marinated skirt steak from last night's dinner that is amazing on it's own but I wanted to give it a new sprinkle of magic.Leftover steak is fantastic to use in fajitas, wraps and sandwiches. This recipe bursts with flavor and gives steak a new exciting twist. You can use this spread on the buns, vegetables or greens of your choosing as a sandwich holder. In no time, you will be looking forward to having leftovers more than the main dish from the day before!I use einkorn sourdough bread rolls for my sandwiches but you are welcome to use any type of sandwich vessel. You can even use lettuce cups!My kids actually love this spread on vegetables, like steamed broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and zucchini sticks. It is really that good! I mean, can anyone really say no to the saltiness of anchovies, the juiciness of the steak, the kick and spice of garlic and the freshness of lemon? So many flavors, it's finger-licking de-li-ci-ous! I'm not going even to mention that you're practically having a surf-and-turf meal in one. So let's get to it.
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g44%
Vitamin A 288IU6%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1.5 lb grilled steak any leftover steak will work
- 2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 fillets anchovies
- 1/2 tsp mustard dijon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 buns gluten-free
- Slice the cooked steak against the grain.
- Combine mayo, avocado, garlic, anchovies, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Cut the buns horizontally into two pieces and toast soft side up under broiler or in the toaster.
- Spread mayo mixture on both sides of the bun, add steak and arugula.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and enjoy!
Serving: 1servingCalories: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 44gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 819mgPotassium: 684mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 288IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 14mg
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to Like and Share!