BEEF TONGUE SOUP
- Soup pot 6 quart
- 4 quart beef tongue stock
- 1/2 lb beef tongue cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 TBSP ghee
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup basmati rice organic
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup dill chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery, season with salt and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add beef tongue stock and meat, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add rice to mesh colander and rinse well under cold running water.
- Add rice to soup pot and stir to combine, add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot with the lid, turn the heat down to medium and simmer until rice is cooked and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add parsley and dill and stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve!