BEEF TONGUE AND STOCK
- Pressure cooker
- 2 lbs beef tongue
- 1 yellow onion optional: with onion skin (it gives nice color to the stock)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 quarts water
- Wash beef tongue under running cold water.
- Add all the ingredients to the instant pot and turn the pressure cooker on for 1 hour.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Once the valve is down, take the cover off and let it cool. Keep the tongue in the stock to cool until you are ready to clean it, this will help with peeling the rough exterior off the soft interior meat of the tongue.
- Place the tongue onto a plate and strain the stock over the mesh colander (or you can use clean cheese cloth inside the colander).
- Your beef tongue stock is now ready to be used!
- Peel the white thick layer from the tongue. If some of the skin is stubborn to peel, get a small sharp knife and scrape till it's clean.
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!