ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH GARLIC
- Baking sheet
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic whole or cut in half, optional
- 1 tbsp pine nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the brussels sprouts by trimming ends and removing outer yellow discolored leaves. You can cut them in half or leave them whole. Keep in mind, the bigger the bite size of your sprouts, the longer it will take to cook them. Place your brussels in a colander and wash under cold running water. Drain well and give your brussels in a colander a couple of good shakes.
- Put all the brussels sprouts in a baking sheet and cover all sides well with oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, add garlic cloves (optional). Mix well, covering all the brussels in the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until done to your liking of crispiness and color (about 20-25 minutes). To prevent brussels from burning and to have them cooked evenly, toss them once or twice while they cook.
- When the sprouts are almost finished cooking, sprinkle pine nuts and roast for additional 2-3 minutes. Watch them closely during this roasting time as they tend to brown and burn quite easily during the last minutes of cooking.
- Spoon brussels sprouts into a dish and serve warm. Enjoy!