The best tuna salad
THE BEST TUNA SALAD
- 2 7 oz cans tuna drained well
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise avocado oil or olive oil based
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup cornichons or pickles of your choice finely diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 TBPS parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- lettuce optional
- Place tuna in a colander or a fine-mesh sieve, and press with a spatula or a spoon to extract all of the liquid from the fish.
- In a medium bowl, break up the tuna with a fork. Combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, cornichons, lemon juice, mustards, parsley and garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (be careful to not oversalt since cornichons will release salty flavor into the dish)
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately in lettuce leaves, avocado halves, egg, tomato, cucumber or apple rounds/slices...
- ...or cover and chill until serving.