RUSSIAN KOTLETI (with a healthy twist)
- 2 lbs ground turkey organic
- 1 egg organic, pasture-raised
- 3 cups leeks white and light green parts sliced
- 4 cups spinach organic
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 TBS ghee for frying
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat ghee in the frying pan. Cook sliced leeks in the frying pan on medium heat until soft and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the frying pan with leeks. Cook until spinach has wilted, or about 2 minutes. Set aside and let it cool.
- Add meat and egg to the leeks-spinach mixture in the medium mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat ghee in the frying pan.
- Make meat oval shaped patties the size of a tablespoon with your hands. (to prevent meat from sticking to your hands wet them under running water)
- When ghee is hot add patties to the frying pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- Add kotleti to a small pot with 1/2 cup of water and a bay leaf.
- Sautee 4-5 minutes or until kotleti are cooked through completely.
- Serve and enjoy!