GREEN BEANS WITH SHALLOT, EGGS AND GARLIC
- Medium pot
- 1/2 lb green beans ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Start by trimming the ends off green beans. Peel and finely chop, while I prefer shallot, you can certainly substitute with an onion. Also grate or finely mince garlic.
- Wash trimmed green beans under cold running water and drain. Boil water in a medium pot, add 1 tsp of salt and cook green beans for 2-3 minutes until they are bright and tender but crisp. Drain.
- In the same pot, melt ghee over medium heat and add finely chopped shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Add cooked green beans and season with black pepper. Add finely minced garlic, stir thoroughly and cook for 1 minute.
- While the shallot is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together eggs, salt and chopped parsley. When the garlic is cooked, add eggs mixture and lower the heat to medium low. Stirring constantly, cover the beans thoroughly with egg mixture, and cook until the eggs are no longer translucent but still soft, about 1 minute. Cover with the lid and let it stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.