GEORGIAN SPICED CHICKEN
Khmeli-Suneli is a Georgian spice mix that is comprised of different dried spices and is so very tasty. I can not even begin to tell you how good and flavorful this dish is. How easy and effortless it is. How succulent and appetizing the chicken baked with all the spices gets. Khmeli-Suneli is a popular spice in the Caucasus. You can use it in poultry, meat and seafood dishes, cooked vegetables, soups, sauces, marinades and even salads. It's very versatile, so don't be afraid to put it to use. You can purchase a packet of this spice mix in European food stores, on amazon or even make it yourself at home! Just follow my recipe for a homemade khmeli-suneli spice mix- regular or compressed version. Happy cooking!
- Roasting pan
- 1 chicken cut into 10 parts
- 2 TBSP avocado mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp mustard
- 2 TBSP khmeli-suneli
- 4 cloves garlic finely graded
- 2 TBSP dill chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 TBSP walnuts roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, khmeli-suneli, garlic, salt and pepper and dill. Mix well to combine.
- Pat dry the chicken using paper or kitchen towel.
- Generously spread mayo mix with spices over chicken on both sides.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of chicken.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear and the inner temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
- Serve over garlic mashed potatoes or rice with a side of vegetables.
Serving: 2piecesCalories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 20gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 689mgPotassium: 304mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 293IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to Like and Share!