GRILLED VEGETABLES SALAD
Vegetables for grilling
- 2 eggplants sliced in rounds or each half quartered
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 pepper red, yellow or orange, each slices in half and quartered
- 1/2 bunch asparagus spears ends cut or snapped
- 2 TBS cilantro chopped
- 3 clove garlic grated
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin, organic
- salt, pepper to taste
- Turn the grill to high heat and let the temperature rise to 500F.
- Spread vegetables in one layer on the grades and turn the heat down to medium.
- Grill the vegetables until tender and charred all over, about 3 minutes for asparagus and 5-7 minutes for the rest.
- Place cooked vegetables in a large ceramic or glass bowl (avoid plastic) and let them cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine olive oil, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Whisk lightly to combine.
- Pour olive oil mixture over cooled grilled vegetables, mix well and let stand for 5 minutes to absorb oil and flavors.