ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
Raised in the Caucasus I grew up eating a lot of lamb. Healthy, pasture raised, grass-fed lamb. It's very versatile and delicious any way you make it- grill, fry, stew, roast. I always come back to this recipe because it is easy to prepare and takes almost no effort to make that results is a crispy garlicky coating and juicy succulent mouthwatering inside and the smell and unique taste of lamb that can compare to no other.Lamb meat has an an impressive nutritional value with a whole range of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and protein. Lamb fat consists of equal parts of saturated and monounsaturated fats (oleic acid is the most predominant). Monounsaturated fats can help to reduce risk of heart disease by lowering LDL (low-density lipoprotein). Oleic acid is also the primary fat in olive oil. Compared to most meats, lamb has a much higher anti-inflammatory omega-3 content and healthy 1:1 omega-3 to omega-6 ratio (always opt for meats from pasture raised animals for higher nutritional benefits). Vitamin B-12 is crucial for red blood cell synthesis and nervous system functioning as well as DNA formation. Lamb is also a good source of heme iron and glutathione.
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
Amount Per Serving (8 oz)
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 25g156%
Vitamin C 1.4mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 lbs rack of lamb grass-fed, grass-finished
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TSP rosemary chopped
- 1 TSP ghee
- salt, pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ghee, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Rub the garlic-rosemary mixture all over racks of lamb and set them fat side up on a baking sheet.
- Roast lamb racks in the oven for 30 minutes or until the inside temperature reaches 160° F for medium.
- Take lamb racks out of the oven and let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. (The lamb will continue to cook and temperature will go up about 5° F). But don't let it stand too long, lamb is best served warm.
Serving: 8ozCalories: 634kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 24gFat: 58gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 93mgPotassium: 332mgVitamin C: 1.4mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 2.5mg
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to Like and Share!
1 thought on “ROASTED RACK OF LAMB”