Ghee offers so many nutritional benefits from omega-3 healthy fatty acids to fat-soluble vitamins A (supports vision and the immune system), D3 (maintains good bone health and immune system), K2 (prevents buildup of calcium in the arteries which makes them hard). K2 puts calcium where it belongs, into the bones, to keep them hard. I like storing ghee at room temperature after letting it harden in the fridge because this allows ghee become soft, easily spreadable and available for use while giving it a nice vibrant yellow color and smooth texture. Now armed with the recipe you will never run out of good fat in your kitchen!
- 32 oz unsalted butter Irish Kerrygold
- Set instant pot to SAUTE (normal) function.
- Add the butter to the instant Pot and let it melt.
- When butter becomes bubbly and frothy start stirring every 15-30 seconds, about 8-10 minutes.
- You will see bubbles become bigger and milk solids start forming.
- Turn instant pot off and continue cooking and occasionally stirring ghee for another 2-3 minutes until milk solids become golden brown.
- Place cheese cloth inside a strainer or a funnel and strain ghee into a clean dry glass container.
- Let ghee cool down completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate overnight (it will harden). Can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.