LAMB LOIN CHOPS IN INSTANT POT
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Handheld blender
- 2 lbs lamb loin chops
- 2 large onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 6 strings fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- In a medium bowl mix paprika, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, grated garlic and ghee until well combined. Using a spoon, cover lamb chops in ghee mixture and set aside.
- Heat instant pot ( SAUTE function medium heat). Once the pot is hot, add oil or ghee and cook onions, carrots, celery and fresh thyme until vegetables are soft and the onions are light brown in color ( about 5 minutes, don't forget to stir occasionally!). Remove cooked vegetables from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, brown the lamb on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the lamb, add red wine and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add bay leaf and salt and pepper ( if needed).
- Turn the pot off ( select CANCEL), cover and secure the lid and make sure the vent on the instant pot is closed.
- Select the PRESSURE COOKER or MANUAL function and program the instant pot for 45 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release (about 15 minutes).
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot and cover with the lid or foil.
- Strain the liquid and discard the cooked vegetables. Pour the liquid into a small pot and bring to a boil on a medium high heat. (You can do this in instant pot, same pot you used to cook the meat- select SAUTE function medium heat). Add arrowroot starch and mix with a handheld blender to thicken. Or strain through a mesh strainer to remove any clumps, if there are any in the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and serve with mashed potatoes and greens/ salad.