Chicken spanakopita with shredded brussels sprouts
CHICKEN SPANAKOPITA WITH SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Are you looking for a comforting and delicious meal that combines the flavors of Greek spanakopita but without the gluten? This CHICKEN SPANAKOPITA WITH SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS recipe takes the classic flavors of spinach, feta cheese, and herbs found in the traditional Greek pie and turns it into a satisfying dish that will leave you feeling full and happy. The shaved brussels sprouts addition elevate it to a healthy cruciferous heaven. Now you can have your chicken spanakopita sans gluten and feel really good about it!To make this recipe extra special, I've added a beaten egg to the cheese mixture, which gives the sauce a velvety texture and adds an extra layer of richness to the dish. Dried oregano and fresh dill complement all the flavors in the dish perfectly.If you do not happen to have ricotta cheese in your fridge, I'll share my little trick with you- substitute it with feta cheese and blend it on low speed in your food processor or blender. It will become smooth, rich and creamy and you won't miss the taste or the texture of ricotta!The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to make. With just a few simple steps, you'll have a delicious meal that's perfect for a cozy night in or a family dinner. Plus, it's a great way to use up leftover chicken from a previous meal! Just cut it up into small bite-sized pieces and add to the dish.So, what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of this CHICKEN SPANAKOPITA WITH SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS tonight and enjoy a delicious and comforting meal that's sure to satisfy.Bon Appétit! Your fork is waiting!
- 1 Blender or food processor optional
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 TBSP fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté chopped onion for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add bite-sized pieces of chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. When the chicken is cooked, add chopped spinach to the skillet and cook until the liquid in the skillet is reduced to half, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese (or blended on low speed feta cheese), dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and egg. Mix well.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the chicken and toss everything together until well coated and heated through. Add shredded brussels sprouts to the skillet, stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes until brussels sprouts start to soften.
- Add chopped dill and feta cheese crumbles and mix well. Turn the heat off and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve the spanakopita warm, garnished with extra crumbled feta cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 68gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 234mgSodium: 1251mgPotassium: 1806mgFiber: 8gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3984IUVitamin C: 162mgCalcium: 424mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to Like and Share!