On days I do not have the time to make a big breakfast, or do not feel like cooking at all, if we are being completely honest here, this is a definite winner for my whole family. Boiling eggs and shredding turnip can be done in advance and all you have to do in the morning is mash and mix. It really doesn't get easier than this!I like serving it in a lettuce leaf or seeded green pepper half. The crunch of the vegetable contrasts the softness of the fish salad, I tell my kids it's a nature made crunchy chip. 🙂 Sprats are high in vitamin B12, vitamin D, magnesium, niacin and calcium. Organic pasture-raised eggs contain vitamin B12, selenium, riboflavin and phosphorus. Avocados are rich in vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamins B5 and B6 and vitamin E.
Amount Per Serving (6 oz)
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 90IU2%
Vitamin C 1.5mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1/2 cup turnip shredded
- 5 eggs hard-boiled, peeled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 oz sprats tails, bones, and all
- 1 avocado
- 2 TSP parsley chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add turnip, eggs, sprats, avocado, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mash everything with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add garlic and parsley and mix well.
- Enjoy on it's own or in a lettuce leaf or seeded green pepper half! So good!
Serving: 6ozCalories: 57kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 4gFat: 4gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 112mgPotassium: 101mgVitamin A: 90IUVitamin C: 1.5mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Don't forget to Like and Share!
1 thought on “SPRATS SALAD”