SKORDALIA (Greek Garlic Mashed Potatoes)
- 5 potatoes peeled and cut into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 cups olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place a pot filled with water over high heat, season it with salt and bring to a boil.
- Chop potatoes into pieces, add them to a pot of boiling water and cook until they soften and can be easily pierced with a fork. (the smaller the pieces, the less time it will take for them to cook)
- Add garlic, 1 cup of olive oil. lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor and puree into paste.
- Add almond flour to a garlic paste and mix well.
- Drain the potatoes and spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet with the potatoes into the oven for 5 minutes or until extra moisture has evaporated and the surface of the potatoes is dry.
- Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and mash well with a potato masher.
- Stir in garlic-almond mixture and the rest of olive oil to the mashed potatoes until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil.