- 3 lbs lamb cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 cups basmati rice organic, thoroughly washed and dried
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 heads garlic washed, top layer peeled
- 2 TSP cumin seeds
- 2 TSP coriander seeds
- 1/3 cup barberries dry
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Set instant pot to SAUTE (normal) function. Add ghee/lard/tallow to the pot and let it melt.
- Add onions to the pot and sautée until soft and golden.
- Stir in carrots and cook until soft.
- Add meat to the pot, sprinkle with cumin and coriander seeds, barberries, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add rice, spread it in an even layer and season with salt. Add bay leaf.
- Put heads of garlic into the center of the rice and add water to cover the rice.
- Set your instant pot to pressure cooker function for 45 minutes.
- Once finished, do a natural pressure release and let the float valve go down on it's own. (can take about 15-20 minutes)
- Remove bay leaf and garlic from plov. Squeeze out the garlic pulp into plov and stir rice, meat and vegetables gently to combine.