- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes diced
- 1 parsnip root diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion small, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, add parsley root and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and boil for 3 more minutes.
- In a meantime, heat up a skillet, add quartered onion and cook until soft and charred all around. (if some onion pieces stick, add a couple of tablespoons of the soup liquid to skillet and pour it back into the pot)
- Add charred onion, minced garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper and sliced mushrooms to the soup, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!