HONEY GINGER DUCK
- 2 lbs duck leg quarters
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 TBS honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grill duck leg quarters on high heat 30 seconds per side to get rid of feathers and seal in the juices.
- In a bowl, combine coconut aminos, salt, pepper, grated ginger and garlic, honey and juice of 1 orange. Mix well.
- Add liquid marinade to the duck and mix thoroughly.
- Add duck meat with honey ginger sauce to a pot/instant pot or slow cooker pot insert. Close the lid and set the timer.
- If using pressure cooker- set timer for 30 min on high. Slow cooker method- add 1 cup of water to the pot and simmer for 4 hours on high heat. Oven- preheat oven to 325 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add 3 cups of water to the pot to cover the meat and simmer it for about 2 hours, until tender.