SIMPLE OXTAIL STEW
- 2 lb oxtail
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 TBS ghee for frying
- Set instant pot to SAUTE (normal) function. Add ghee to the pot and let it melt.
- Add onion and sauté until soft and translucent, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add carrot and celery and sauté until all vegetables are soft; stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add oxtail and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and set instant pot to PRESSURE COOKING function (medium) for one hour.
- Once finished, do a natural pressure release and let the float valve go down on it's own. (can take about 15-20 minutes)
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes or wild rice or salad!