- 1 TSP ghee
- 2 onions large
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz coconut milk
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups carrot tops chopped
- 2 lb chicken breast and thighs cut into 2 inch-pieces
- 1 tsp curry powder optional
- In a large saucepan, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and cook until soft and light brown.
- Add fennel seeds, cumin, ground ginger, graham masala, garlic and sautée for one more minute, stirring constantly, to prevent burning.
- Add bay leaf, tomatoes, coconut milk, carrot tops and season with salt and pepper. Stir gently.
- Add chicken to the saucepan and mix everything together. Lower the heat and sautée for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry powder or 5 piri piri peppers or 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Serve with chickpeas and/or rice.