CREAM OF BROCCOLI
For someone with thyroid function concerns who eats a lot of cruciferous vegetables it's better to consume them mostly cooked vs in their raw form because of goitrogen contained in broccoli.Are you ready to make it yet? Here we go...
- 10 cups beef bone broth marrow
- 12 cups broccoli stalks, leaves and flowers
- 3 potatoes halved or chopped
- 1 onion medium, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 TBS cassava flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- Bring a pot with bone broth to a boil over high heat and add potatoes, onion, carrots and garlic; reduce heat, cover and bring to a simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add broccoli. Cook over medium heat for another 3 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or in a pot using handheld blender and cassava flour, Blend a little more until smooth and cassava flour is thoroughly mixed in the soup.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.