TIRAMISU CUPS (GLUTEN, SUGAR AND DAIRY FREE)
- Standing / handheld mixer or whisk optional
- 7x11" baking tray
- 9 jars each 1 cup capacity
- 1.5 cups coconut milk full fat
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 TBSP raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans coconut cream Chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Scoop out the hardened coconut solids and drain the coconut water.
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
ASSEMBLING THE CAKE
- 4 fl oz espresso coffee
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
BAKE THE CAKE
- Whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder and salt. Slowly add avocado or melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Cover the baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly on the tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden around the edges. Set aside to cool.
MAKE THE CUSTARD
- Add water to the lower pot of a double boiler and bring to a gentle simmer. In the upper pot or a small, heatproof bowl, heat up coconut milk. In a small pot, whisk eggs and vanilla extract. Pour a small portion of hot coconut milk mixture into the eggs, whisking vigorously to temper the eggs. Then slowly pour the egg mixture back into the hot coconut milk, whisking continuously.Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly and gets jiggly. Add honey and stir. Allow to cool and then transfer to the fridge.
WHIP THE CREAM
- Whisk or beat the coconut cream and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup until it thickens and peaks form. Be careful not to overmix as it could soften the cream.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
- Break the ladyfinger layer into many 2-3" pieces. Add espresso coffee to a shallow bowl and quickly dip each ladyfinger piece on both sides. (Do not soak) Assemble by adding 3-4 coffee dunk pieces in individual cups, top with custard and smooth a layer of whipped coconut cream on top.ALTERNATIVELY: Break the ladyfinger layer into many 2-3" pieces and add 3-4 pieces in individual cups. Carefully pour espresso coffee into each cup over the cake pieces. top with custard and smooth a layer of whipped coconut cream on top. ALTERNATIVELY: Cut the ladyfinger piece in half and brush on half of the espresso onto one layer. Spread half of a layer of custard followed by half of the coconut whipped cream. Place another layer of ladyfinger piece (or break it into large pieces and assemble into one whole piece on top of the cake) and repeat the steps. (Brush on espresso, custard and whipped cream)
- Sieve the top with cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator before ready to serve. Tiramisu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.