CREPE MATCHA CAKE
- Frying pan 9"
- Standing mixer with whisk attachment
- 1.5 cups flour gluten-free
- 3 TBSP maple syrup lucuma powder or monk fruit
- 2.75 cups almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cups ghee melted
- 1.5 TBSP matcha
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half, seeds carefully scraped with the dull side of the knife
- 2 tsp matcha
- Heat up almond milk to about 100 degrees F and stir in maple syrup until completely dissolved. Let it cool.
- In a bowl or a blender whisk together eggs, melted ghee, matcha and flour and beat/blend until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle and tilt the pan in a circular motion to cover the surface evenly with the batter.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Turn and cook the other side for about 1 minute (it will take less time since the batter is already set).
MAKE WHIPPED CREAM
- While the crepes are cooking, whisk together heavy cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a standing mixer bowl using the whisk attachment in a medium speed until soft peaks form, about 4-5 minutes.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
- Place the first crepe onto a serving plate. Spread about 3 tablespoons of whipped cream between each crepe layer. Repeat until all the crepes are added to the cake.
- Sift matcha powder with mesh strainer on top. (Do a thin layer only, go easy on matcha as too much of it can give a bitter flavor. You don't want it to happen to your cake)
- Serve and enjoy!