SPINACH AND LEEKS MEATBALLS
- Cooking Sheet
- Frying pan
- 1 lbs ground turkey organic
- 2 lbs leeks cleaned, green parts removed
- 1/2 lb spinach organic
- 1 egg pasture-raised, organic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Remove top greens and trim away root ends leaving only the white parts. Cut the white parts in half vertically and peel off outer layer. Fill the sink with water and gently swish the white parts around to remove any dirt, soil or sand that's hiding between the layers. Let dry on a kitchen towel. Slice into half rings.
- Heat ghee on a medium high heat and add leeks to the frying pan. Sautee for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from the heat when leeks become tender and turn golden brown. Add washed spinach to the pan and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turnkey, egg, salt, pepper and leek with spinach mix.
- Wet your hands under cold running water and form balls approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Add meatballs to a parchment paper lined cooking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 20 minutes.
- Put all meatballs in a pot, add bay leaf, 1/2 cup of water and steam on a medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and enjoy!